Radio Al Ansaar
Radio Al Ansaar is a South African station that is focused on the Muslim community, broadcasting from the KwaZulu-Natal province. It provides its listeners with religious, informative and entertaining content that includes news reports, music and talk shows on the hottest topics in the Muslim community. Al Ansaar website offers podcasts of its main shows as well as the live stream service.
Formats: Islam, Religious, News.
First air date: 1994
Owner: Al Ansaar Foundation
Main shows and presenters
- Community Buzz Sunday 12.15pm
- Kids Zone – Nazrana Satar Monday to Friday 15pm
- Kick-Off – Buddy Govender Wednesday 7pm - 8pm, Saturday 4pm - 5pm, Sunday 4pm - 5pm
- Noore Amal – Shagufta Khan and Apa Rehana Tuesday 12pm - 12.45pm
- Press Pause – Shafaat Ahmed Khan Saturday, Sunday 5.45pm
- School Matters – Sumaya Khan Tuesday 7pm - 8pm
- The Breakfast Rush – Nichal Sarwan Monday to Friday 6am - 8am
- The Feedback Show – Fathima Karim Wednesday 2.30pm - 3pm
- Urban Woman – Razia Rangrage Monday to Thursday 10am - 12pm
Al Ansaar broadcasts in the following cities on FM, AM or Online:
- Durban 90.4
- Pietermaritzburg 105.6
- AbdulAl Ansaar helps me to always think positive thoughts throughout the day. Love these amazing programs. Calm music is uplifting. Thank you!
- ZamoI love educational programs like this. I learn a lot. Thank you for your work and food for the soul.
- ShahzadAssalam o alaikum. Al Ansaar you are amazing. Keep up the mash Allah work you guys are doing. Love from Johannesburg.