Lesedi FM is the largest South African PBS radio network based in Bloemfontein and targeting the Sesotho-speaking community. It broadcasts through the country on 87.7 – 106.6 MHz. Its line up includes news reports, educational programs, competitions, as well as talk shows with popular presenters. Listeners can also enjoy contemporary and traditional Sesotho music. On the official website, the live streaming feature is available as well as podcasts to its main shows. Lesedi FM also offers the Top 30 playlist of the most requested songs by listeners on the station.
Slogan: "Ke Mollelwa"
Formats: Adult contemporary.
First air date: 1960
Owner, CEO: SABC
Broadcast area: Free State
Most popular shows and presenters
- Makumane – Tiisetso Mokoena
- Jwale Ke Nako – Thuso Motaung
- Rea Kubeletsa – Thabo Mokone and Dikeledi Mageseni
- Merethetho – Tsholo Leokaoke
- Dia Roropa – Lerato Mpopo
- Tse Ratwang (Top 30) – Thabo Mokone
- Tsa Dipapadi – Malefetsane Moreki
- Makgulong A Matala – Thuso Motaung
- Mathumisa – Dimakatso Motsoeneng
- Mathemalodi – Tholoana Moletsane
- Monate Breakfast – Seipati Seoke and Nyakallo Leine
- Re Mmoho – Ntsoaki Motloung and Tsholo Leokaoke
- Ke Ya Le Wena – Nkunyana
- Re Qhoba Bosiu – Lerato Mpopo
Lesedi FM broadcasts in the following cities on FM, AM or Online:
- Bela-Bela 88.4
- Bloemfontein 89.9
- Boesmanskop 88.1
- Davel 88.2
- Durban 106.6
- Johannesburg 88.4
- Kimberley 99.8
- Klerksdorp 92.9
Lesedi FM reviews
- SeleleKe sebetsa ke mametse Lesedi, seyalemoya sa haeso. Ho ea fihla Port Elizabeth ke mamela khaso ka kotloloho ebe ke thabela mosebetsi.
- LindiGreat online radio. I listen to live streaming on the weekends. Excellent selection of music.
- ThulaneLesedi ke radio e ntle ka ho fetisisa inthaneteng, ke e mamela ha ke ya mosebetsing.