Radio Bop (Beats Of Pleasure) is a commercial digital station broadcasting worldwide through the live streaming feature and based in Pretoria, South Africa. It was founded as an urban station offering educational, entertainment, and music content to the black community in Bophuthatswana until its closure in 2000. Bop was relaunched in 2018 and now its line up consists of news reports, talk shows on current affairs, music shows with the best nostalgic music hits.
Slogan: "A station with a mind of its own"
Formats: Urban contemporary, Oldies.
First air date: 1978, 1 September 2020
Main shows and presenters
- Winners Breakfast – Hector Motivator
- Lunch – Khanya
- The Give and Take Show – Bruno Nonkonyane
- Rocking Ron's College of Musical Knowledge
- Back to Basics – Huey Louw
- BOP Evening Sounds – Nubian Soul
- BOP Express – Kgopotso Seth Chawane
- Inner Life – Millicent
- Jazz Cocktail – Afrikan-Goddess
- Locomotion – The Real Lu
- Midnight Thrill – Vaado
- Morning Bliss – Ntombi Magwaza
- Nubian Crescent – Nano Mothibi
- Pastime Paradise – Lloyd Nedohe
- The Lifestyle Show – Sophie Ndaba
- The Luminous Express – The Real Lu
- The Melo Drive – Melo Mthethwa
- The Vintage Lounge – DeeJay Sphiwe
Radio BOP broadcasts in the following cities on FM, AM or Online:
- Pretoria Online
- EmlynI am happy when I get up in the morning and turn on the Bop station, laugh and enjoy music all day long! Hello from Durban.
- DerekPleasant music. I really love old hits. Been out of South Africa for 30 years now, so happy to listen to the Bop :-)