UCT Radio is a campus station run by students at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. It broadcasts within a radius of 20 km using the frequency of 104.5 MHz and worldwide through the live streaming function. Its line up reflects the culture, ethos and diversity of campus life, taking a cross-genre approach to music and playing 90% South African music. UCT also supports emerging artists through close partnerships with cultural centres, record companies and theatres.
Slogan: "The soundtrack to your campus life"
Formats: Campus radio.
First air date: 1976
Owner: University of Cape Town
Main shows and presenters
- Rise and Grind – Adrian and Noni
- Weekend Drive – Khumbuza Cele and Ropafadzo Kanyenze
- Chillaz – OG.D
- East Matt West – Matt Phoenix
- In The DMs – Temoso Masilo
- Live Drive – Sinalo France, Mandi Tafeni and Cameron-Grant Royine
- Monate – Sopakama Cele and Nathan Nyembo
- Music Brunch – Seabela, Spokazi, Tej and Mikyla
- Pres – Q and Lady Tee
- Sundaze – Farah Abdurrman and Jesrael Jacobs
- Sundowners – Zakithi Xulu and Rutendo Nyaku
- The Zone – Mzondi and Swanky
- Weekend Breakfast – NT & Ty
- UCT Top 30 Hit List – Nadine Jamie Martin and Tashill Smith
UCT Radio broadcasts in the following cities on FM, AM or Online:
- Cape Town 104.5
- Website: http://www.radio.uct.ac.za/
- Address: UCT, Cissie Gool Mall, Level 2 Computer Science Building, Rhodes Gift, University Avenue, Rondebosch, 7700 Cape Town, South Africa
- Phone number: office - 021 650 3550 , studio - 021 650 5399
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BenjaminAccidentally stumbled upon UCT. Has become a favorite! Wonderful compositions, without standards sounding at each station, many new ones that I heard for the first time. All supereer!
- OliverTurned on for a couple of minutes, and did not want to switch. Very cool playlist! I would like to be able to see what tracks are playing at the moment. UCT you are cool!