Channel Africa is an international 24/7 online service based in Johannesburg, South Africa and owned by SABC. It considers its task to support South Africa's national interests, showcasing the democratic structure in the country, and promote the development of SA. Its line up includes news, sports, culture, social and educational programs in several languages. Podcasts of Channel Africa's main programs are also available on the platform's website.
Slogan: "The African Perspective"
Languges: English, Nyanja, Portuguese, Swahili, French, Lozi.
First air date: 1 October 1992
Main shows and presenters
- Life by Design
- French News – Igega Chancelline Lurhakwa Bahati
- The Albinism Report – Puleng Molebatsi
- Kiswahili Sura ya Africa
- African Dialogue – Benjamin Moshatama
- Africa Midday – Zikhona Miso
- La Semaine en Afrique – Jacques Kouakou, Pamella Koumba
- Portuguese Caleidescopio Africano
Channel Africa broadcasts in the following cities on FM, AM or Online:
- Johannesburg Online
- SangeIt is a great pleasure to listen to you, I love your programs. I did not know that I would see such a level and class. Bravo :) I wish health to all editors, producers and publishers.
- CarmeloI love this channel! For the opinions and the way they are presented, the great music, the culture of the word, the manner of conversations. Sincerely yours, and I offer my best wishes.