Springbok Radio was the first South African commercial station that operated from 1950 to 1985. The "Springbok Radio Preservation Society of South Africa", with the assistance of SABC, began work in 2008 to broadcast some of the station's older programs. As a result of this work, an online station was launched, Springbok Radio Revisited, which broadcasts restored programs.
First air date: 1950
Main shows and presenters
- The Adventures of Jet Jungle (1973–1985)
- Father, Dear Father (1974–1985)
- The Men from the Ministry (1969–1985)
- The Navy Lark (1973–1985)
- Pip Freedman Show (1968–1985)
- The World of Dick Francis (1981–1984)
- The World of Hammond Innes
- The Stories of Sherlock Holmes (1979–1985)
- Bingo at Home (1959–1970)
- Guess Who with All Gold
Springbok Radio broadcasts in the following cities on FM, AM or Online:
- Johannesburg Online
- Website: https://www.sabc.co.za/sabc/springbokradio/
- Address: Cnr. of Artillery & Henley Rd, Auckland Park, Johannesburg. Private Bag X1, Auckland Park 2006, South Africa
- Phone number: 011 714 3034
- E-mail: Springbokradio@sabc.co.za
- MboxwanaSpringbok is a cool station!
- SihleEverything is cool, Springbok is a very interesting and pleasant station to promote oldies programs and music, which is not very popular and pleases the lack of advertising.
- TheunsAccidentally found this Springbok station and got stuck, what great songs, thank you very much to my heart.