Bush Radio is a South American community radio station broadcasting 27/7 from Cape Town, founded by activists as a source of independent information during the Apartheid. It broadcasts using the frequency of 89.5 MHz. The station is known for its upliftment projects, scholarships and training programs. Bush Radio's line up also includes news reports with current events, music shows and interviews. Its website provides the live streaming feature for listeners around the world, as well as podcasts of its main shows.
Slogan: "The Mother of Community Radio in Africa"
Formats: Community, Talk, Music.
First air date: 25 April 1993
Owner: Brenda Leonard
Main shows and presenters
- The Wrong Rock Show – Botha Kruger
- Backchat – Bassie Montewa
- Connected 2 Jazz – Nigel Vermaas
- EveryDay People – Sive Msolo
- Sakhisizwe, Building the Nation – Jasnine Roberts
- The Breakfast Rush – Yuzriq Meyer
- The Morning Cruise – Kusi
- The Sublime Drum and Bass Show – DJ Hyphen
- The Rundown (Recap of the Week's news)
- Blues is the Bush – Ian Bell
- Jazz on Bush – Dr Victor
Bush Radio broadcasts in the following cities on FM, AM or Online:
- Cape Town 89.5
- BeattyI love shows on the weekends. I also like great music! You are so cool. I wish Bush to continue to develop and make its program even cooler!
- RoaldI listen to Bush station with pleasure. Great shows don't let me get bored in the evening. I'm from Durban and listening to the live stream from this site. Thank you Bush team for your work and great music!